corrinthia

Tracing The Stars

I read mostly science fiction and romance, and often a combination of the two.

Now Available!

New contemporary romance series with light BDSM elements and mature, emotional themes. Intended for mature readers.

[bc:All These Pieces of Me|18629368|All These Pieces of Me (The Stables #1)|C.E. Kilgore|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1381008150s/18629368.jpg|26421102][bc:Obsessive Compulsion|18629668|Obsessive Compulsion (The Stables #2)|C.E. Kilgore|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1381026400s/18629668.jpg|26421765][bc:If You Still Want Me|18629695|If You Still Want Me (The Stables #3)|C.E. Kilgore|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1381028205s/18629695.jpg|26421828][bc:Pierce the Heart|18629705|Pierce the Heart (The Stables #4)|C.E. Kilgore|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1381028808s/18629705.jpg|26421853]

A chance meeting leads to a new world of possibilities for two people who once thought the broken pieces of their lives would never be worth something to someone else.

Brandon
To say that I’m ugly is like saying a cemetery is quiet. Okay, maybe parts of me are attractive, sure. I’d gotten more than my share of second, hungry glances from women at clubs. Then I’d turn to the other side and they’d get a nice big glimpse of Quasimodo. Only the desperately drunk or the 'I can fix you’ chicks took a third look. Not Emma, though. She looked right at them and didn’t miss a beat. The typical stares from folks noticing my face just blend into the background noise as I try to comprehend this odd little woman. She’s still and quiet, clutching her teddy bear like it’s nobody’s business. And maybe it’s not. Maybe least of all mine.

There’s more there, I’m sure. Way more. And for the first time, I think I’m going to actually put in the effort to find out what, because I think it may just completely blow my sorry world apart.

Emma
The guy walking in front of me is seriously massive. I’d heard that everything is bigger in Texas, but this is absolutely ridiculous. There’s also the matter of his face. He has me both ready to swoon and run screaming in the same crazy second. I’m still not sure which of those options my body has decided on. I think the jury is still out on a lot of things to do with my current state of affairs. I wish I could talk the way that I think instead of stammering through life like a little girl who holds onto a damn teddy bear and continues to obsess over the color pink. I can't, though. My brain just doesn't work that way. His gentle brown eyes put me at ease for some reason I haven’t quite worked out yet, and I really want to know his story.

Scars are just part of life and we all have them. Most of us are lucky, though, and have scars we can hide deep down inside. Most of us aren't forced to wear them on our face.