corrinthia

Tracing The Stars

I read mostly science fiction and romance, and often a combination of the two.

STEP (The Senses)

STEP (The Senses) - Cindy Paterson Step maintains the fast paced, heart-pounding, soul-ripping storytelling that one has come to expect from Paterson and the series. There are no fluffy clouds. If you are looking for a sweet little romance where it's all sunshine and farking rainbows, go elsewhere. If you understand that love is not all perfect and fluffy clouds and that happy endings have to be worked for and are not always guaranteed, then this is the book for you.

This is not a stand alone. If you haven't read book 1 (Jump) you will most likely be very lost. I read book 1 a few months ago and I was still a bit lost at times. There are also several references to back stories that are never really explained, so if you are scratching your head wondering if you missed something, it's okay, you are not alone.

It moves from storyline to storyline without transition or warning. Some of the scene changes are jarring and take a few moments to realize that you are dealing with a different set of characters.

Although I still have a hard time picturing the Senses, their Scars and some of the CWOs, I was still able to make a connection to the majority of the characters and cold really understand and feel their struggles. Nothing is easy in Paterson's universe and I liked the gritty, hard edge that she uses to move the story and develop the characters. I am looking forward to the next installment in the series.