corrinthia

Tracing The Stars

I read mostly science fiction and romance, and often a combination of the two.

Beyond Shame

Beyond Shame - Kit Rocha The easiest way to summarize this book is to say that it is an erotica BDSM exploration that has been wrapped by a dystopic/post-apocalyptic story/world. It is erotic and extremely graphic. If you have problems with violence, BDSM, explicitly written (and very lengthy) intimacy scenes, this is not the book for you. BDSM isn't really my cup-o-tea, and if that is all there was to this book, then I probably would have stopped reading early. It's not, however. There is so much more to this book that it kept me interested to the end. The characters are great, the dialogue is well done, the world-building is also interesting and there was more to the story besides the chains and leather. But oh my was there a lot of leather. This book really lives up to its title, but if you are able to keep an open mind, you will be able to see beyond the sexual encounters to what the characters are really searching for - that understanding of when sex becomes something more and when submission can become dominance (and vise-versa). That deeper exploration is really well done, and it, along with the world building, is what kept me interested and reading.